MACS Wellbeing Support service provides a range of interventions to assist young people aged 11-25 in maintaining positive mental health and wellbeing.
The post holders will be:
Responsible for developing support packages within a team context which will enable children and young people to gain skills and confidence to better manage their mental health
Providing support to children and young people who have experience of suicide ideation/self-harm
Developing new, innovative and alternative approaches to work with children and young people including the delivery of our bespoke schools programme
Supporting volunteers through their match with a young person to set and achieve goals, providing one to one monthly supervision and bimonthly group support nights
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years’ experience of working with Children and Young people aged 11-25 who have experienced mental ill health
- Degree in Social Work, Youth and Community Work or similar
- 1 years’ experience of working with Children and Young people aged 11-25 who have experienced mental ill health
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies
- Understanding of Children and Young people who have experienced mental ill health, self-harm and/or suicidal ideation
- Ability to offer support to Children, Young people and Volunteers to set and achieve goals to improve mental health
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team
- To make your own decisions and work under pressure
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- To work within the ethos, culture and values of MACS
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full. This criterion may be waived, if a disability prohibits driving. However, you must demonstrate how you would meet the mobility requirements of this post.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and we have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Silver Award!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer