MACS Therapeutic Community (home) for 3 children aged between 6-14 is situated in a rural setting approx. 15 mins car journey from Belfast.
The children referred will have complex needs and at times extreme behaviours. These needs cannot be met in mainstream children’s homes or foster care.
We particularly welcome applications from males and are recruiting for current availability as well as future expansion opportunities.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Professional Qualification in any of the following areas: Social Work, Youth and Community Work, Occupational Therapy, Teaching, Nursing And
- 1 years’ experience of working with children / young people who have experienced significant trauma and an understanding of the associated behaviours.
- 3 years’ experience of working with children / young people who have experienced significant trauma and an understanding of the associated behaviours.
Please give 2 working examples of how you meet Criteria 2 – 4 in the Application Form.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions (autonomous) in a responsible and accountable manner.
- Ability to exhibit excellent team working capabilities.
- Experience of liaising with statutory agencies in order to meet the needs of a child.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written skills.
- A full current driving license and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- 3 years’ experience of working with children and young people in a residential setting (children’s home, leaving and aftercare, Hospitals, residential centres, respite centres).
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer