MACS Therapeutic Community (home) for 3 children aged 6-13 is an exciting opportunity for MACS to introduce something brand new and ground-breaking in Northern Ireland.
We have completed extensive research into the needs of these children, taking into account the views of young people who have been through the care system and from professionals working in the field.
The Day House Parent will ensure each child experiences a warm, loving and nurturing home environment. As part of a team you will be required to implement the therapeutic inventions as assessed by the Clinical Psychologist and relevant professionals including the Trust.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Professional Qualification in any of the following areas: Social Work, Youth and Community Work, Occupational Therapy, Teaching, Nursing AND
- 1 years’ experience of working with children / young people who have experienced significant trauma and a compassionate understanding of the associated behaviours.
- 2 years’ experience of working with children / young people who have experienced significant trauma and a compassionate understanding of the associated behaviours.
- Ability to work on your own initiative in your work.
- Ability to communicate key information to others in relation to a child, young person, group or project you have worked with or in.
- Experience of working in a team and a) picking up on other people’s needs, frustrations and feelings and b) to reflect on your own behaviour and needed to amend it.
- Be able to work in an environment that has a range of animals, and be able to undertake duties to care for the animals.
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- 3 years’ experience of working with children and young people in a residential setting (children’s home, leaving and aftercare, Hospitals, residential centres, respite centres).
Hours of Employment
39 hours per week; includes at least 1 weekend per month and evening work. You will be expected to undertake two 5 day working pattern shifts alongside House Parents twice a year - this includes overnights (you will be paid for this) and supporting with cover at the house over holiday periods.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer