X 1 Team Leader, Full Time Fixed Term (for 24 Months)
MACS Floating Support services provide a range of interventions to assist young people aged 16 – 25 to access/maintain accommodation in the community. In this role you will lead developments in the Belfast area in the provision of quality accommodation and Support Services for young people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or leaving care 16-25 years and manage a team of Floating Support staff to improve accommodation and housing related outcomes for young people aged 16-25 years old.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Degree in Social Work or Youth and Community Work or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience of working with at risk young people.
- 4 years’ experience of assessing need and support planning with at risk young people aged 16-25
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions (autonomously) in a responsible and accountable manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and develop a team.
- Experience of liaising with statutory agencies in order to meet the needs of the young people.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written skills.
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Hours of Employment
35 Hours per week
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer