MACS Floating Support services provide a range of interventions to assist young people aged 16 – 25 to access/maintain accommodation in the community. In this role you will also support young people aged 16/17 who are homeless, young people ‘sofa surfing’ and at risk of eviction.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Degree in Social Work, youth and community Work or similar
- 1 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies
- Understanding of young people who have been homeless, have left care or have high support needs
- Ability to offer support to young people to make transition into adulthood and independent living
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team
- To make your own decisions and work under pressure
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- To work within the ethos, culture and values of MACS
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Hours of Employment
- 35 Hours per week
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and we have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Silver Award!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer