MACS Floating Support services provide a range of interventions to assist young people aged 16 – 25 to access and maintain accommodation in the community.
In this role you will also support young people aged 16/17 who are homeless, young people ‘sofa surfing’ and at risk of eviction.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years’ experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in the community
- Degree in Social Work, youth and community Work or similar
- 1 years’ experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in the community
- Experience of supporting 16-25 year olds who are homeless or at risk of eviction and need support to maintain accommodation in the community
- Have developed a range of contacts, networks and resources to support 16-25 year olds to access and maintain accommodation
- Experience of supporting 16-25 year olds to access and maintain appropriate benefits or income
- Experience of working with Social Services to meet the needs of Care Experienced Young People
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- To be resilient and compassionate in challenging environments
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer