MACS have established a Therapeutic Community (Home/House) for up to 3 children aged between 6-13 years old.
The children can live in the House for 2 years. The children referred will have experienced significant trauma and will therefore show us complex needs and extreme behaviours. Their needs and risk taking behaviours cannot be met in mainstream Children’s Homes or Foster Care.
The House Parents ensure each child experiences a warm, loving and nurturing home environment an implement the therapeutic inventions as assessed by the Clinical Psychologist and relevant professionals.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Professional Qualification in any of the following areas: Social Work, Youth and Community Work, Teaching, Nursing.
- 1 years’ experience of working with children / young people who have experienced significant trauma and a compassionate understanding of the associated behaviours.
- 3 years’ experience of working with children / young people who have experienced significant trauma and a compassionate understanding of the associated behaviours.
- Ability to time manage, work on your own initiative and make decisions in a responsible and accountable manner.
- Ability to have frank and open conversations with your team members and reflect on your own practice.
- Ability to think on your feet and prioritize your work load in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to cope with a high levels of risk taking behaviour (see job description for the types of behaviour) and possess the capacity to maintain high levels of resilience when working with presenting risk issues.
- Experience of timely and effective communication with other professionals to ensure the needs of children / young people are met and responded to.
- A full current driving license and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- 3 years’ experience of working with children and young people in a residential setting (children’s home, leaving and aftercare, Hospitals, residential centres, respite centres).
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer