MACS Therapeutic Community (home) for 3 children aged between 6-14 is situated in a rural setting approx. 15mins car journey from Belfast.
The children referred will have complex needs and at times extreme behaviours. These needs cannot be met in mainstream children’s homes or foster care.
The House Parent Support Team will cover the role of House Parents. The support team will be working different schedules to assist in the smooth running of the home. This may be short notice cover e.g. if a House Parent becomes ill while on their working pattern, or planned cover for a pre-arranged leave of absence or team training events.
There are a range of working hours available from 8 or 12 hour day and weekend shifts, as well as a range of 24 hour sleep in shifts, up to 5 days working pattern to cover House Parents.
We particularly welcome applications from individuals who are able to work the 5 day working patterns.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years’ experience of working with children / young people who have experienced significant trauma and an understanding of the associated behaviours.
- Experience of working with children and young people who display aggressive and distressed behavior.
- Ability to reflect on practice; take feedback and learn from mistakes.
- Experience of working compassionately with children and young people in a group setting.
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Experience of working with children and young people in a residential setting (children’s home, leaving and aftercare, Hospitals, residential centres, respite centres)
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer