MACS have established a Therapeutic Community (home) for three children aged between 6-13.
The home is situated in a rural setting approx 15 mins car journey from Belfast. The children referred have complex needs and do not fit into mainstream children’s homes or foster care due to their at times extreme behaviours. This is an exciting opportunity for MACS to introduce something brand new and ground-breaking in Northern Ireland.
NOTE: In order to be offered a position, candidates successful at interview stage will be required to attend mandatory induction training days on Saturday 27th July and Saturday 3rd August 2019.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years’ experience of working with children / young people who have experienced significant trauma and an understanding of the associated behaviours.
- Experience of working with children and young people who display aggressive and distressed behavior.
- Ability to reflect on practice; take feedback and learn from mistakes.
- Experience of working compassionately with children and young people in a group setting.
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Experience of working with children and young people in a residential setting (children’s home, leaving and aftercare, Hospitals, residential centres, respite centres)
Typical Working Pattern (subject to change)
Either 5 consecutive 24 hour periods or overnight cover for unforeseen absences. This will include weekends and bank holidays.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer