Newry Housing provides supported housing for 7 young people leaving care aged between 16 and 21.
We support young people to build the skills and confidence to maintain their own homes. Young people live with us for up to 2 years before moving on to their own tenancy in the community. The Team Leader will work in conjunction with the Integrated Services Manager to maintain and develop the Supported Housing Service.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 3 years’ experience of working with young people.
- Degree in Social Work, youth and community Work or similar AND
- 2 years’ experience of working with young people.
- Understanding of young people who have left care or have high support needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and develop a team.
- Ability to practice in line with MACS ethos and values.
- A full current driving license and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Experience of working with young people in a supported housing or similar environment.
- Experience of a leadership role within an organisation/service.
Hours of Employment
Full Time: 37.5 hours (shift work). Shifts include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Shift patterns may be subject to change.
Provision of on call support.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer