MACS Newry, Downpatrick, Lisburn and Belfast Supported Housing Service (Move in to Move On) provides supported housing for young people who are homeless or leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy. The Service delivers high quality support to young people aged (16 – 21) to build the skills and confidence to maintain their own homes. Young people live with us for up to 2 years before moving on to their own tenancy in the community.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Degree in Social Work, youth and community Work or similar
- 1 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Understanding of young people who have been homeless, have left care or have high support needs
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies to support Young People to better manage their accommodation and keep safe
- Experience of support planning to set and achieve goals to develop independent living skills
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- Can be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- A full current driving license and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Hours of Employment
This is a residential service. 35 hours per week including waking nights, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and 2016, Irish News Workplace Wellbeing award winners and we have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Silver Award!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
Application DownloadsJob Description Application Form
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer