Overall objective of the INTEGRATED role
MACS Supported Housing Service (Move in to Move On) provides supported housing for young people who are homeless or leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy.
The role of an Integrated Worker is to provide a range of interventions to assist Young People aged 16-25 to access and/or maintain their own accommodation.
The worker will work across both FS and Housing Services. Young people will review individualised support based on planning, ongoing assessment/review and keeping safe where appropriate.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Degree in Social Work, youth and community Work or similar
- 1 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies
- Understanding of young people who have been homeless, have left care or have high support needs
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies to support Young People to better manage their accommodation, keep safe and make the transition into adulthood and independent living
- Experience of support planning to set and achieve goals to develop independent living skills
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- Can be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017, Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winner 2017 and we have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Silver Awards!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer