MACS Muddy Paws was set up to help young people tackle their social isolation, improve their mental health, gain skills and qualifications in customer service, business administration and animal care, help build their confidence and self-esteem and to gain work/voluntary experience.
The MACS Muddy Paws Worker will support young people and volunteers and manage the rota to deliver MACS Muddy Paws walk, wash and play sessions to customers. Alongside ensuring the health and safety of the dogs, young people and volunteers and provision of high quality service to customers; the worker will also be responsible for providing full grooming services and support to young people and volunteers to aid their learning and development in working with dogs.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years’ experience of working in retail/business environment including dealing directly with customers, stock management and managing petty cash AND
- A recognised qualification in Dog Grooming (Level 3 NVQ) or City and Guilds 7705 in Grooming Salon Management
- At least 4 years professional experience in running a grooming salon
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make autonomous decisions in a responsible and accountable manner and exhibit excellent team working capabilities
- Excellent Customer service skills and understanding of customer needs
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organisational skills and interpersonal skills when working with customers and/or young people and volunteers
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer