MACS Muddy Paws is our newest service which involves delivering a 3 hour Walk, Wash and Play package in our shop at 144 Cregagh Road in partnership with our young people and volunteers.
It was set up to help young people tackle their social isolation, improve their mental health, gain skills and qualifications in customer service, business administration and animal care and help build their confidence, self-esteem and build their work and volunteering experience.
The MACS Muddy Paws Worker will deliver MACS Muddy Paws walk, wash and play session’s package to customers with support of young people and volunteers. The worker will also have daily management responsibility of the shop which will include managing customers, dogs, including bookings, social media updates, customer information and bookings calendar.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Professional Qualification in any of the following areas: Business Administration/Management, Hospitality or Youth and Community Work WITH
- 1 years’ experience of working in retail/business environment including dealing directly with customers, stock management and managing petty cash
- 3 years’ experience of working in a retail/business environment including dealing directly with customers, stock management and managing petty cash
- 1 years’ experience of working with young people
- 1 years’ experience of managing staff or volunteers
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions(autonomous) in a responsible and accountable manner and exhibit excellent team working capabilities
- Understanding of dog breeds and animal handling
- Excellent Customer service skills and understanding of customer needs
- A full current driving license and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
- Experience or Qualifications in animal grooming, training or handling
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer