Overall objective of the HOUSING WORKER role:
Uni. St provides 24/7 supported housing for 18 young people leaving care who aged between 16 and 21. Housing Workers support young people to build the skills and confidence to maintain their own homes. Young people will receive individualised support based on support planning ongoing assessment/review and keeping safe were appropriate. Young people can live with us for up to 2 years before moving on to their own accommodation in the community.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Degree in Social Work, youth and community Work or similar
- 1 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies
- Understanding of young people who have been homeless, have left care or have high support needs
- Have developed a range of contacts, networks and resources to support 16-25 year olds to access and maintain accommodation
- Experience of supporting young people to make transition from care into independent living
- Experience of supporting 16-25 year olds to access and maintain appropriate benefits or income
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Hours of Employment
Working Hours include evenings, weekends and bank holidays and may change to reflect the needs of the young people.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer