MACS Downpatrick, Lisburn and Newry are Integrated Floating and Housing Services.
Floating Support supports young people who are homeless, ‘sofa surfing’ and at risk of eviction, to access and maintain accommodation in the community. The Housing Service (Move in to Move On) provides supported housing for young people who are homeless or leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy.
The overall objective of the role is to provide overall strategic leadership and support to Supported Housing / Floating Support Services. To contribute to the Senior Management Team in relation to MACS overall aims and objectives.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 4 years full time experience of working with young people who haven’t had a fair deal aged 11-25
- A full current driving license and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
- Professional qualification in Social Work or Youth and Community or Management WITH 3 years full time experience of managing staff
- 5 years full time experience of managing staff
- Professional qualification in Social Work or Youth and Community or Management WITH 3 years full time experience of service management and strategic planning
- 5 years full time experience of service management and strategic planning
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer