The Supported Housing Service (Move in to Move On) provides accommodation and Housing related support to young people leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy. The Service delivers high quality support to young people aged 16-21.
X1 Support Worker: Full Time Fixed Term until 31st March 2018
NOTE: These roles are predominantly Waking Night shifts.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 1 year of experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing, residential or hostel setting or similar environment
- Understanding of how trauma and adverse childhood experiences can impact on the behaviour of young people aged 16-21
- Ability to support young people (16-21) to make transition into adulthood and interdependent living.
- Ability to support and manage young people (16-21) who present with aggressive / threatening behavior
- Ability to support and manage young people (16-21) who abuse substances
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
Hours of Employment
Full Time. Shifts include Waking Nights, Weekends, Bank Holidays and occasional Day Shifts. Typical Working Pattern is subject to change.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and 2016, we have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Silver Awards!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer