NOTE: These roles are predominantly Waking Night shifts.
Newry, Downpatrick, Lisburn and Belfast Supported Housing Services (Move in to Move On) provides supported housing for young people who are homeless or leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 1 year of experience working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing, residential or hostel setting or similar environment
- Understanding of how trauma and adverse childhood experiences can impact on the behavior of young people aged 16-21
- Ability to support young people (16-21) to make transition into adulthood and interdependent living.
- Ability to support and manage young people (16-21) who present with aggressive / threatening behavior
- Ability to support and manage young people (16-21) who abuse substances
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer