The Supported Housing Service (Move in to Move On) provides accommodation and Housing related support to young people leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy. The Service delivers high quality support to young people aged 16-21.
x 3 Support Workers: 36 hours per week shift work (Fixed Rota Pattern)
- Newry: x 1 Full Time Permanent Post
- Downpatrick: x 1 Full Time Fixed Term (April 2017 – March 2018)
- Lisburn: x 1 Full Time Fixed Term (until end May 2017)
x 3 Support Worker (Absence Cover): This position is absence cover (for annual leave, short term absences, rota gaps), as such hours will be provided on a monthly basis and will not fall into a set pattern of hours
- Downpatrick, Lisburn & Newry: Full Time Permanent Posts
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years of experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing, residential or hostel setting or similar environment
- Understanding of how trauma and adverse childhood experiences can impact on the behaviour of young people aged 16-21
- Ability to support young people (16-21) to make transition into adulthood and interdependent living.
- Ability to support and manage young people (16-21) who present with aggressive / threatening behavior
- Ability to support and manage young people (16-21) who abuse substances
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Hours of Employment
Full Time. Shifts include Waking Nights, Weekends, Bank Holidays and occasional Day Shifts. Typical Working Pattern is subject to change.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and we have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Silver Award!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer