Overall objective of the TEAM LEADER role:
The Supported Housing Service (Move in to Move On) provides support to young people leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy. Young people are accommodated at one site, in single unit self-contained flats. The Team Leader will work in conjunction with the Housing Manager and Service Manager to maintain and develop the Supported Housing Service.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 3 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Degree in Social Work, youth and community Work or similar
- 2 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies
- Understanding of the strategic direction of MACS and the day to day running of a Supported Housing Service
- Ability to manage and lead a team who support Young People transitioning into adulthood and independent living
- Can promote resilience and compassion in a team context
- Can develop your own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- To make your own decisions and work under pressure
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Hours of Employment
This is a residential service. 35 hours per week (shift work). Shifts include waking nights, evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Shift patterns may be subject to change. Provision of On Call support is also required.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer