MACS Wellbeing Support Service provides mental health support and mentoring to children and young people aged 11-25.
Wellbeing Service supports children and young people who experience low mood, suicidal ideation and self-harm to build resilience, increasing coping strategies and develop support networks. This is achieved through one to one mentoring support from volunteers and group work. Children and young people can access the service for up to a year.
These posts are funded by Big Lottery Fund.
Skills and knowledge required by post holder
- 1 years experience of recruiting, training and supporting volunteers / staff
- Experience of developing a project from infancy
- Experience of successful liaising with a variety of agencies
- Understanding the needs of volunteers and how to support them to develop personally and professionally
- Understanding the needs of young people aged 11-25 who have experienced mental ill health issues
- Ability to lead and manage a team of volunteers who support young people to improve their mental health
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team
- To make your own decisions and work under pressure
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- To work within the ethos, culture and values of MACS
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full. This criteria may be waived, if a disability prohibits driving. However, you must demonstrate how you would meet the mobility requirements of this post.
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and we have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Silver Award!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer