MACS Wellbeing Support Service provides mental health support and mentoring to children and young people aged 11-25.
Wellbeing workers support children and young people who experience low mood, suicidal ideation and self-harm to build resilience, increasing coping strategies and develop support networks. Children and young people will receive individualised support through support planning, regular reviews and keeping safe planning where appropriate. Support is also provided through use of volunteer mentors and group work.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years experience of working with Children and Young people aged 11-25 who have experienced mental ill health
- Degree in Social Work, Youth and Community Work or similar AND
- 1 years experience of working with Children and Young people aged 11-25 who have experienced mental ill health
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies
- Ability to offer support to Children, Young people and Volunteers to set and achieve goals to improve mental health
- Experience of designing , delivering and evaluating group work sessions for children and young people
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- A full current driving license and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
- Experience of recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017 and have also attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Gold Awards as well as Irish News Workplace Wellbeing Award winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer