MACS Wellbeing Support Service provides mental health support and mentoring to children and young people aged 11-25.
Wellbeing Service supports children and young people who experience low mood, suicidal ideation and self-harm to build resilience, increasing coping strategies and develop support networks. This is achieved through one to one mentoring support from volunteers and group work. Children and young people can access the service for up to a year.
These posts are funded by Big Lottery Fund.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 2 years experience of working with Children and Young people aged 11-25 who have experienced mental ill health
- Degree in Social Work, Youth and Community Work or similar
- 1 years experience of working with Children and Young people aged 11-25 who have experienced mental ill health
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies
- Ability to offer support to Children, Young people and Volunteers to set and achieve goals to improve mental health
- Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full. This criteria may be waived, if a disability prohibits driving. However, you must demonstrate how you would meet the mobility requirements of this post.
Hours of Employment
35 Hours per week
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015, 2016 and 2017. We have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Silver Awards and were Irish News Workplace Wellbeing winners 2017!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer