Friends of MACS is a volunteering opportunity for businesses, groups, churches, individuals or organisations who would like to support us by volunteering their time and skills.
A Friend of MACS can offer to fundraise (eg sponsored run, cake sale, car wash etc), volunteer in our houses doing specific tasks such as big clean ups, gardening, painting and decorating or can be an advocate and raise awareness of we do. The list is endless of what you can offer MACS.
Friends of MACS must sign up for a minimum of 1 year but are welcome stay longer. There is nothing too small or big that a Friend can offer within that time frame.
If you are interested in doing a one off event, please speak to the volunteer coordinator for more advice.
We will respond to your application within 5-10 days
Will will invite you to meet the Volunteer Coordinator to discuss your ideas
If we feel your ideas would work well with MACS, you will formalise a Friends of MACS Agreement
If you are working with a group, we will hold an information session for them
Your volunteering role as a Friend of MACS begins!
As a friend of MACS you will be supported by a volunteer ambassador who will be your main point of contact. You will have the opportunity to attend 3 volunteer group supervisions throughout the year and will be invited to a volunteer celebration night in June.
- Enjoy sharing the work you are doing with MACS
- You can amend your MACS Agreement at any time in consultation with our Volunteer Coordinator
- You can visit MACS houses with our Volunteer Coordinator
- Volunteer what you want to do and say no to anything else
- You cannot meet with our young people on your own
- Don’t change your MACS Agreement without consulting our Volunteer Coordinator
- You cannot work outside our policies and procedures.