At MACS, we are committed to being clear what information we hold about you and how we keep it safe and private. You have rights around how we use and share this information and this policy is to help you understand this.
What we collect
In order to provide you with the best service we can, we collect certain personal information about you. When you contact us on this website or via telephone we collect your name and details to allow us to respond to your query. A record is kept on our system. This information may include but is not limited to, details such as your name and address, contact information including email address.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our website and services.
- If you have signed up to our mailing list, we may occasionally send promotional emails about services and events which we think you may find interesting. We use Mailchimp to do this, an email marketing service which won’t share your data with anybody. If you don’t like these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the foot of the email.
- We may periodically send you invites to complete questionnaires about issues that are important to children and young people that we support. You can asked to be removed from this list at any by contacting us.
Job and volunteer applications
The information you give when completing an application form will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and for the following purposes:
- to enable the organisation to create an electronic and paper record of your job application;
- to enable the application to be processed;
- to enable the organisation to compile statistics, or to assist other organisations to do so, provided that no statistical information that would identify you as an individual will be published.
The information will be kept securely, and will be kept no longer than necessary.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.