MACS needs volunteers (aged over 18) to inspire young people to dream and achieve. Do you think you could help?
We believe volunteers can bring a fun, unique, refreshing perspective on all our work. Having a MACS volunteer can be so rewarding for both the young person and the volunteer.
We have the following roles available (please download Volunteer Role Descriptions for further details):
Support children & young people to achieve their dreams through setting and achieving goals and having fun!
Group Work Volunteer
Support children & young people by sharing skills and hobbies.
Support children & young people to attend groups and events.
Volunteer Football Coach
To co-facilitate MACS Friday football and support children & young people to have fun!
My House Volunteer
You can support our Therapeutic Community where we look after children aged 6-12 who have complex needs which cannot be met in mainstream children’s homes or foster care.
How we support you
- Weekly phone support during your match with a young person
- £30 per month budget to spend during your match
- Out of pocket expenses
- Quarterly group support nights
- Monthly one-to-one supervision
- Out of hours support when out with your young person
- Commitment to further training and development
- Two-day training programme to prepare you for your role
- Rewards and recognition
Please complete the online application form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.