Working at MACS is so much more than just a job. Our amazing staff and volunteers make a lasting difference to the lives of hundreds of children and young people every year.
This video, which was made by young people, shows how MACS changed Lily’s life. Lily felt she was alone and had nowhere to turn until a social worker introduced her to MACS.
If you want to work at MACS and help support children and young people who haven’t had a fair deal, please check out our current vacancies.
And if that’s not enough to convince you, here are some other great reasons to work for MACS.
Attractive terms and conditions
At MACS, we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements, 30 day + stats leave entitlement, competitive maternity leave and sick pay package.
We also offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
Award winning employer
- Investors in People – Gold Award (2018-2021)
- Irish News Workplace & Employment Awards – Wellbeing 2017
- Employers for Childcare – Family Friendly Winner 2017, 2016 & 2015
- Investors In People – Health & Wellbeing Award
- Investing in Volunteers – Quality Standard
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working
We have a relaxed and supportive working environment and we expect all staff commit to and embrace the culture of the organisation.
Be Fabulously Flexible…
- Flexible Working (can be requested from day 1 of appointment) – Compressed Hours, Reduced Hours, Job Share, Part Time and Term Time.
- Staff Autonomy – no signing off TOIL – we trust our staff manage their own working week.
- Work away from the office – sunny days – work in the park or a coffee shop.
- All staff have the opportunity to work from home using remote working software.
- Bring your child/dog to work – unexpected events don’t prevent you from doing your job.
- Monthly staff supervisions held away from the office when suits (park, coffee shop)
Time when you need it
- Attractive maternity package – 3 years’ service- 6 months full pay.
- 2 weeks Paternity at full pay.
- Shared Parental Leave.
- Partners can avail of paid time off to attend anti-natal appointments.
- Paid time off to attend fertility sessions/appointments.
- 5 paid Carers leave days.
- Parents can get paid time off to attend children/elderly dependants to doctors/hospital appointments.
Have a Family Focus!
- 5 paid Compassionate Leave days.
- Special Leave – Paid time off for staff due to exceptional circumstances.
- Sick pay package (maximum being 6 months full pay after 6 years’ service).
- We offer ALL staff 41 days annual leave (pro rata Inc. stat days) from point of employment.
All of the Festive Fun!!
- Paid ½ day off for Christmas shopping.
- Annual Family Christmas Morning – bring kids and family members for Santa/bouncy castle and festive food.
- Friday means beat the traffic and finish at 4pm!