MACS Newry, Downpatrick, Lisburn and Belfast Supported Housing Service (Move in to Move On) provides supported housing for young people who are homeless or leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy.
The Service delivers high-quality support to young people aged (16 – 21) to build the skills and confidence to maintain their own homes. Young people live with us for up to 2 years before moving on to their own tenancy in the community.
Skills and knowledge required by post holder
- 1 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
- Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies
- Understanding of young people who have been homeless, have left care or have high support needs
- Ability to offer support to young people to make transition into adulthood and independent living
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team
- To make your own decisions and work under pressure
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- To work within the ethos, culture and values of MACS
Hours of Employment
- Waking Shift: 5pm – 5am (£9.88 per hour)
- Sleep in Shift: 8.30pm – 8.30am (£9.88 per hour for 5 hours awake per 12 hour shift and £50.40 sleep in allowance (1.00am to 8.00am) )
- Daytime cover including weekends and bank holidays (£9.88 per hour)
Why work for MACS?
- At MACS we value staff work-life balance. We offer many flexible working options, family-friendly work arrangements.
- We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
- We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and we have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Silver Award!
These are just some of the many benefits of working for MACS. Find out more reasons to join the team.
MACS Supporting Children & Young People is an Equal Opportunities Employer