In June 2011, MACS will celebrate its 21st Birthday. Over the years, we have developed and changed enormously from one worker, providing supported housing to 5 care leavers, to an organisation who now support approximately 270 young people a year.
In 2010-2011 we continued as a charity to find ways to move forwards and positively impact on the lives of the young people we engage with. We set targets both in terms of organisational development and face to face practice with young people which included for example achieving a ‘B’ in Supporting People’s (Quality Assessment Framework) and an ‘A’ in participation of young people in the organisation.
This was no mean feat and staff burned the midnight oil in order to prepare for validation visits. The assessors from Supporting People paid special praise to their commitment, energy and skills. We also maintained previously won accreditations, and we are currently working on an ‘Investors in People’ Health and Wellbeing award.
Our aim is to make MACS a truly inspiring and great place to work. We succeeded in winning two funding awards from the Building Change Trust. As a result of this funding MACS will provide mentoring and training to four other voluntary organisations on outcomes monitoring and provide a shared corporate partnership with VOYPIC and Include Youth.
- 25 young people supported in placements (with all 14 move ons planned).
- 7 young people accessing their own tenancy at point of move on; of the 8 who returned to family, 5 accessed their own accommodation within 6 months with MACS support.
- 11 young people accessing MACSFloating Support.
- Creation of a high support model and proposal for presentation to funders.
- Assessed and approved by RQIA’s pilot inspection of the Draft Standards for Supported Accommodation Projects (themes; quality of care and support; quality of staffing and management) – July 2010.
- Assessed and approved (Level B) by Supporting People’s Quality Assessment Framework (QAF)- September 2010.
- 1 Student Social Work placement offered (successful placement) supported.
Download the full report to read more.Annual Report 2010–2011