MACS enjoyed a fantastic year, particularly in relation to growth and expansion. Overall the feel in the organisation is change, change a bit more and then some. Its an exciting time and there is a real sense in the organisation of movement, growth and energy. We secured funding to establish an integrated Housing and Floating Support model in Downpatrick to go live in Feb 014.
We are also negotiating further growth in Newry a stand alone Housing Project for young care leavers and an integrated model again for Lisburn. The Board were able to release funding for 1 year for a Development Worker for Transitions Project to work with young people in a therapeutic setting with horses. I am so proud also to announce that we now have 4 trainees employed from a care leaving background funded through Big Lotto to push forward MACS participation strategy in relation to young people in the organisation.
Stand out highlights of the year
- Completed year two of Participate Now’s four year strategy, aimed at involving young people in the day to day operations and direction of MACS.
- Two young people completed a full year at Board of Director level.
- Maintained annual income of 875K and secured additional funding of 492K an increase of 56%.
- Worked with over 450 young people.
- Celebrated a wonderful night in Ten Square Hotel to acknowledge the fantastic achievements of young people, volunteers and staff.
- Secured funding for a 2 year post for a fundraiser to commence in September 2013.
- MACS high support accommodation project for 18 care leavers 16-21 completed a full year without a major incident!!
- Social media plan developed in consultation with young people and a online community consultant planned for May 2013.
Download the full report to read more.Annual Report 2012–2013