MACS has once again enjoyed another fantastic year in relation to growth and expansion – OK guys it’s time to consolidate!
It’s an incredible achievement, and a testament to the hard work from all staff to see the growth from our humble beginnings of one worker one housing provision for care leavers, to 24 years on, three credible services, Supported Housing, Floating Support and Mentoring, and a staff compliment of 85 including sessional workers, and not to mention a very dedicated team of volunteers. And to think that we now employ a Fundraiser to bring in badly needed funds to enable us to do really creative work with our young people, and to publicise the work we do.
Stand out highlights of the year
- Opened Integrated Floating Support & Housing for young people (both care leavers and young homeless with two assessment beds) in the Downpatrick community.
- Opened Supported Housing in Newry for care leavers.
- Launched our new MET programme (MACS Education & Training) for young people not staying in mainstream education.
- Continued to support four care leavers in full time posts to promote the participation of young people in the organisation.
- Successfully re-structured the organisation at senior management level – I now have an Assistant CEO (Kate) – so there is no excuse for me not to become a social butterfly!
- Have established a strong and committed Board with a range of skills and experience well placed to govern a modern, thriving charity.
- Have started to create a more mature presence in the online community in relation to Facebook and Twitter.
- Worked with 480 young people.
- Maintained two young people at Board level.
Download the full report to read more.Annual Report 2013–2014