MACS Shadow Board representatives produced this year’s Annual Report. They spent eight months of their own time pulling together all the information to produce the final version.
We don’t know of any other organisation where the people who are being supported by the service write their annual report. This a huge testament to the commitment, energy and ingenuity of the young people on the Board who wanted to give something back to MACS and promote our work.
We learned something valuable about the process of creating the report with young people – it works! We also learned it takes a lot of time, commitment and energy which needs to be harnessed appropriately to keep to deadlines (as much as possible). Working with young people requires flexibility and being able to roll with the punches – as our Shadow Board representatives soon learned!
Stand out highlights of the year
- Being awarded the biggest Children in Need grant in N Ireland allowing us to expand our Wellbeing Service & reduce the age range of young people we support
- Supported over 857 young people
- 85% of young people found accommodation
- 91% of young people improved their mental health
- 63 young people were matched to Wellbeing Volunteer Mentors
- Achieved Investors in Volunteers accreditation
- Winning the Employers for Childcare Family Employer of the Year Award
- Being nominated in 3 categories in the Irish Media Awards (Best Place to Work, Inspiring Staff & Workplace Excellence)
- Established the MACS Shadow Board
- Held Ruby Ball to celebrate 25 year anniversary
Download the full report to read more (Please note the PDF file is large (9.4mb) so you may not want to download it on your phone).Annual Report 2015–2016