Led by You is here to help you get involved, have your say and provide you with opportunities to influence how we do things at MACS.
- Advocate: We will build up your skills and confidence to have a voice in the things that affect you and help to motivate and encourage other young people to have their say. This can be on things that are happening in MACS, the wider community or an issue you want to address.
- Educate: We will provide opportunities for you to learn professional skills and develop as a person through training and workshops.
- Participate: We will work with you one-to-one and within groups to lead the way in MACS, building your confidence and skills to help you to involve other young people.
Some of the ways you can get involved include:
- Become a Young Leader
- Act as a Shadow Board Representative
- Participate in Forums and locality based sub-groups
- Get involved in MACS events like fundraising and volunteering
What young people said
It’s the best support I have ever had. I feel more listened to and supported. It’s fun and enjoyable
You’re treated like a person, not a number. I can be myself with my support worker.
There are lots of other ways to get involved. If you think you have what it takes to be a Young Leader in MACS or would like to find out more information, please get in touch.