It’s Volunteer Week and we want to share some of the amazing achievements and some of the creative ways in which the MACS volunteers have supported MACS this past year.
- 8 young people received personalised halal Christmas hampers from some of our friends of MACS.
- 63 new volunteer mentors were recruited and fully trained
- A collaboration has been formed between youth action and macs allowing 8 volunteers to undergo their level 2 youth work qualification
- Over 2400 hours were volunteered in muddy paws and young leaders
- 30 volunteers helped in 30 + groups in the Wellbeing Service. Groups included xtraordinary girls, yoga in the park and crafternoons.
Phone Ins12 volunteers phoned a young person throughout MACS daily for up to 3 months providing a friendly voice and someone to talk to during lockdown periods.
12 volunteers have collected food packs, crafting packs and event packs and delivered them to the young people allowing them to stay Covid safe and still participate in groups.
A new social group was created by our young leaders and muddy paws volunteers. The group is for young people who needed extra support during the lockdowns.
60 mentoring matches were formed over the last year with the majority using zoom for some if not all of their sessions. We had bake offs, mindfulness session, fitness classes and all sorts of quizzes happening with fantastic feedback from both the young people and volunteers.