MACS Wellbeing team have started a six week T5 programme for children and young people.
The programme looks at the 5 steps that can help improve your wellbeing such as:
- CONNECT – encourages you to connect with people around you that will support and enrich you every day.
- BE ACTIVE – encourages you to discover a physical activity that you enjoy and will make you feel good.
- TAKE NOTICE – taking a moment to look around you and notice what beautiful, new, unusual or extraordinary things in your everyday life and think about how they make you feel.
- KEEP LEARNING – encourages you to try something new, rediscover an old hobby, take on a different responsibility, set a challenge you will enjoy as learning things can make you more confident, as well as being fun to do.
- GIVE – doing something nice for a friend or stranger, join a community group, seeing yourself and your happiness linked to the wider community and how this can be rewarding and create connections with the people around you.
We have incorporated these 5 steps by arranging different activities such as team building, group games, photography, cookery, gardening and trips to the museum, the zoo, and the beach. The young people who have been involved have said that they are
gaining confidence, having a good time, meeting new people and feel more comfortable to get involved in future activities.
~ Roseanne, Wellbeing Service Worker