We need volunteers for MACS Muddy Paws, our newest venture.
MACS Muddy Paws is a social enterprise created by young people. It provides an alternative, supportive environment for young people to learn a variety of personal and professional skills, gain volunteering experience and enhance their participation.
It provides an alternative, supportive environment for young people to learn a variety of personal and professional skills, gain volunteering experience and enhance their participation.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities
- Reception Duties (i.e. taking bookings and dealing with customer queries).
- Handling cash and recording of payments.
- Meet and Greet with doggies and their owners.
- Participate in daily cleaning schedule – to keep our Muddy Paws space spotless!
- 45 Minute Dog Walk with another volunteer and/or young person.
- Bath and brush dogs after their walk.
- Doggy play time.
- You will be required to complete the MACS Muddy Paws training programme.
- You will be provided with on-going one-to-one support and quarterly group support meetings to help you in your role.
- You will be covered by insurance for your volunteer activities.
- You will be supported to register with Millennium Volunteers and log your hours with them to achieve awards.
- References can be provided.
- Passion for working with animals and young people
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, young people and the public
- Willingness to try new things and challenge yourself
- Work within the ethos, values and culture of MACS
- Work within the ethos and values of Muddy Paws Social Enterprise
This role is a REGULATED ACTIVITY. Therefore, in order to volunteer you must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Level Access NI check. Please discuss with us if you have any queries with this process
If you have direct experience of grooming or dog walking and could share this knowledge with our young people involved in the service, we would love to hear from you!