MACS Muddy Paws is a social enterprise created by young people – dogs come in for a groom and a walk, and the young people who are looking after them learn valuable life skills, gain confidence and have fun!
At Muddy Paws not only will you learn practical skills on how to work with dogs but you will also get so much more. From confidence building for you and the young people to honing your communication skills, Muddy Paws will develop you and the young people together.
We can help you meet other people, build your confidence and develop your CV.
What are the roles & responsibilities for a Muddy Paws volunteer?
- Reception duties (i.e. taking bookings and dealing with customer queries)
- Handling cash and recording payments
- Participation in the daily cleaning schedule to keep our Muddy Paws space spotlessDog walk, grooming and doggy play time
- Completion of the MACS Muddy Paws training programme
What are we looking for in a volunteer?
- A passion for working with animals and young people
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, young people and the public
- Willingness to try new things and challenge yourself
- Work within the ethos, values and culture of MACS
- Work within the ethos and values of the Muddy Paws Social Enterprise
- Completion of an Enhanced Level Access NI check