Within our Wellbeing Support Service, we have an opportunity for you to gain experience working with young people aged 16 – 25.
Having a positive role model can make a big difference in a young person’s life. As a volunteer mentor, you will be paired with a young person and provide a guiding influence to them over the course of your time together.
Volunteer Mentors meet with their match weekly over a period of 12 weeks, completing activities based on the young person’s interests which also help reduce social isolation, increase their social networks and help improve their mental health and overall well-being.
If you would like more information, please read the Volunteer Role Description or contact a member of the Wellbeing Team.
Key Volunteer Mentor Tasks
- Support Young People aged 16-25 years who haven’t had a fair deal
- Provide 1 to 1 support to Young People ensuring this is underpinned by MACS ethos and value base
- Offer support to Young People with goal setting and achieving their dreams
- Develop purposeful and nurturing relationships with Young People
- Have fun with Young People
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures as outlined in MACS training
- Adhere to Child Protection, Vulnerable Adult and Lone Worker policies to safeguard Young People, staff and volunteers
- Accept support and direction from Wellbeing staff
Time & Commitment
- Complete MACS Volunteer Core Training and Induction
- Attend 1 MACS ‘top up’ training per year.
- Meet a Young Person once a week for 2-3 hours for a 10 week period
- Meet with worker monthly for one to one supervision
- Keep in weekly phone contact with Wellbeing worker for ‘check ins’
- Attend mentoring programme mid-point review and end evaluation
- Engage in one-to-one and group supervision as required
- Complete annual Child Protection training (1day)
- Volunteer a minimum of 5 hours each year
- Our next recruitment session will be in 2022.
Applications can be completed using this online form. Once we receive your application a member of the Wellbeing Team will contact you to arrange an interview within 2 weeks.
If successful at interview you will be informed of upcoming key dates including programme dates and mandatory training and informed of the next steps.
Our Volunteers bring so much to the organisation and our Young People and we look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions please email us at Wellbeing@macsni.org or alternatively telephone us on 028 9031 3163 and ask to speak to a member of the Wellbeing Team.