Led by You is here to help you get involved, have your say and provide you with opportunities to influence how we do things at MACS.
Are you a young person (aged 16 – 25) who:
- Wants to make a difference to young people’s lives?
- Are passionate and want to make a change?
- Believes young people should be involved and have in a say in decisions that affect them?
- Wants to take part in Social Action?
- Wants to become a Leader?
We will help you by:
- Working with you one-to-one and with other Young Leaders to build your confidence and teach you the skills to help other young people have their say and get involved
- Provide you with a wide range of training to get you where you want to be, help you build your CV and get into the training/education that you want
- Support your professional and personal development by providing 1-to-1 support, guidance, information and advice
- Encouraging you to have a voice and work with the other Young Leaders to tell us what is important for young people and what needs to change
What type of things do Young Leaders do?
- Create our (amazing!) Annual Report
- Plan and deliver their own groups with young people
- Consultations with other young people in MACS to get feedback on how we’re doing
- Take part in consultations on issues affecting young people e.g mental health, homelessness.
- Help develop key documents for the organisation e.g. participation handbook, blogs
- Help create new services e.g MACS Muddy Paws
- Help run campaigns & events e.g Pride, racism groups